Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reck Shoot Photos - Finding a location

I haven't posted an entry in a while BUT it doesn't mean I haven't been busy! My first reck shoot took place last week and it consisted of me scouting a few locations that I had in mind.

The first location was the carpark of Greater Union Mosman.


The carpark really did have a great eery feel about it but I really felt that it wasn't interesting enough to base an entire shoot around. While I was shooting the movie 'Inception' was playing upstairs and the sound was resonating the walls and making the light flicker! It definitely added to the mood but might have been a bit hard to convey through the still image.. Even while I was taking the photos I felt that the place wasn't special enough.

The second location was The Rocks, specifically underneath the harbour bridge. From the start this felt more authentic and I really felt that I would find a good place to shoot. Here are a few locations that I though could be appropriate.


All these locations looked the part but I couldn't find somewhere I was totally happy with until I came upon this location. It was almost directly under the harbour bridge and was sparcely lit dead end just around the corner from a pub. Here are some rough location shots.


This place is perfect!

The plan is to now have a shoot with my model in costume to see where it would be best to have him. So far I am thinking directly under the light looking down the street towards the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment